P.E has changed from a Tuesday to a Wednesday. Thursday session is still the same.
P.E Kit -Wednesday & Thursday. Please make sure you have an extra sweatshirt/hoody and a pair of tracksuit bottoms in your kit bag for when we take part in P.E outside. Diolch!!
Spelling/ Reading books - Please bring reading & spelling books in EVERY day during the week. Spellings will be given out on a Monday and the test will be on a Friday.
Reading books will be changed on a Monday but cannot be changed unless a parent has signed their child's reading record.
Summer Term 2
This project has a food design and technology focus and teaches children about different food types from around the World, fair trade and the importance of eating a healthy diet for well being. At the heart of this project children will learn how to write formal and informal letters and develop additional skills in writing to advertise and inform.
In this project the children will learn:
• Where food originates from, and how food has a ‘carbon footprint’ which affects the cost;
• About the cultural traditions relating to food; how food production is important to particular countries;
• How diet affects our health and well being;
• To make accurate measurements and calculate costs of food and ingredients;
• To develop basic food technology skills and follow recipes;
• To collaborate as a team, deciding on strengths, weaknesses and interests of team members;
• How to write letters for a range of purposes both formally and informally.
Ideas for learning together at home…
· Visit your local Co-op store and make a list of all the ‘Fair Trade’ products you can find on the shelves.
Find an interesting recipe (from the Internet?) from another country and cook/eat it together at home; write a review. Make an eye-catching recipe cards to tempt others!
We did create a volcano eruption in class but unfortunately it didn’t blow the roof off.
At the same time, we managed to squeeze in plenty of disastrous maths and English and in Science we looked rocks and soils which fitted it snugly, too.
Spring Term 1