Welcome to Llysfaen's Super Ambassador's Page!
Our school council have been extremely busy taking on their roles as Super Ambassadors as part of a scheme set up by the Children’s Commissioner for Wales. The scheme provides an exciting and interactive way for children in our school to learn about their rights, in accordance with the UNCRC, which underpins the Welsh Government’s vision for education.
For more information regarding our Super Ambassador Scheme, please click this link: https://www.childcomwales.org.uk/about-us/.
What are their roles?
Super Ambassadors have three jobs. These are to:
- Inform other pupils in their school about the Commissioner and her powers
- Make sure other pupils know about children’s rights under the UNCRC.
- Do special missions for the Commissioner in their school – these inform the work of our office and have a real impact on our work and on children’s rights in Wales
Why are we a Super Ambassador School?
- Information collected through the scheme feeds directly into our work, meaning that our Super Ambassadors have a real impact on children’s rights in Wales.
- The scheme provides an exciting and interactive way for children in school to learn about their rights, in accordance with the UNCRC, which underpins the Welsh Government’s vision for education.
- The scheme supports the Four Purposes of the developing curriculum in Wales, providing meaningful opportunities for children to develop as healthy, confident individuals and participate as ethical, informed citizens in their school and on a national level.
- The scheme supports schools to develop their approaches to Wellbeing and to Care, Support and Guidance, as required by the Estyn Common Inspection Framework 2017
What have we done this academic year?
We have raised over £3000 this term for different charirites. Thank you for all of your hard work and for helping us raise so much money. This money will help to change so many lives.