Design and Technology at Llysfaen Primary School!
At Llysfaen, Design and Technology is fun! Through the teaching of design and technology children should have the experience to exercise their creativity through designing and making, preparing them to take part in the development of our rapidly changing world. It encourages the children to be creative problem solvers, both as individuals and as part of a team and enables them to identify needs and opportunities and to respond by developing ideas, and eventually making products and systems. They combine practical skills with an understanding of aesthetic, social and environmental issues and will be given opportunities to improve their learning and quality of their finished product through careful evaluation throughout the designing and making process. Children will also be taught to handle and use tools with care and with awareness of health and safety issues. Design and technology helps children to become potential innovators.
Our objectives in the teaching of design and technology are:
· To develop imaginative thinking in children and to enable them to talk about what they like and dislike when they are making things
· To enable children to talk about how things work, and to draw and model their ideas
· To encourage children to select appropriate tool and techniques for making a product, whilst following safe procedures
· To develop an understanding of technological processes and products, their manufacture and their contribution to our society
· To encourage children to critically evaluate their work and the work of others, suggest improvements and produce a quality product to the best of their ability
· To foster enjoyment, satisfaction and purpose in designing and making things
Take a look at the fantastic games and links!